10 Oct 2008

Activity 3 - Access To Digital Technology

Access To Digital Technology
· Name? – Edward Smith
· Age? – 71
· What example of technology do you use in normal day? In a normal day I use my sky plus to record TV, I also do my banking over the phone. Also I use a mobile phone to call a cab while we are out shopping to bring us home.
· What things would you like to be able to do more easily with the use of technology? We often go to the cinema on Tuesday mornings, I would like if we could see the movie from home instead of having to travel. Also it would be good if we could get our shopping delivered home without having to use the Internet. That would mean we would not have to bring it back on the bus, which can be difficult.
· Thank you


Who’s My Interviewee?

My interviewee is my grandfather who is 71 years old, who has 6 children and 12 grandchildren. He lives in a col-de-sac in Far Cotton, in a terrace house which is a two up two down. He has only recently upgraded to sky plus, which allows him to record live TV. Also by having this he doesn’t have to buy new tapes when they run out. Secondly Mr Smith has a mobile phone. He uses it to contact people when he is out in town with his wife, and have no way of making contact with anyone. This allows them to have more freedom when outside the house. Finally with the use of their over the phone banking they are to make transactions without having to go into town. This saves them time and money on having to travel on the bus.

No comments: